Our five-step Ingredient Selection Process sets us apart from others in the beauty industry. The first step of the process is “Ban Intentionally.” At Beautycounter, we're committed to a health and safety standard that goes well beyond what is legally required in the United States. The Never List™ is made up of more than 2,800 questionable or harmful chemicals we never use as ingredients. This includes the 1,400-plus chemicals banned or restricted in personal care products by the European Union, plus additional chemicals where information screened by Beautycounter indicates a cause for concern. This “Never List” is robust, but we go even further. The second step is to conduct safety assessments on every single ingredient we consider for inclusion in our products and prohibit the use of ingredients that do not meet our higher health and safety standards.
Articles in this section
- What is Beautycounter’s ingredient selection process?
- Are your products organic?
- Are your products GMO free?
- Are your products petrochemical free?
- Are your products preservative free?
- What preservatives do you use?
- Why do you use phenoxyethanol?
- Why do you use dimethicone?
- Why do you use salicylic acid?
- Are your products non-comedogenic?